Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Shampoo and Conditioner

  


I really need to post more often...
Okay between the time period of about three months I've tried out 3 hair products. Skinfood's Pomegranate Scalp Hair Pack, and Lush's shampoo and conditioner in Big and American Cream. I can say the hair pack one was a miss and the other two were hits.

Skinfood
I used Skinfood's Pomegranate Scalp Hair Pack in place of my normal Pantene conditioner. It claims that with use, you are going to get healthier scalp and hair. Unfortunately, I got neither. After use, my scalp became really itchy, and my hair looked the same. The results weren't the same as the ones I got from Skinfood's Moisture Egg Hair Pack. The pomegranate one costed more and it didn't do anything. In addition, the packaging wasn't very study. I dropped it by accident and it broke in half. I wasn't able to use the pump to it's extent for it broke on the third day :(
The smell of this product it very faint. Its so faint that you forget this product is suppose to have a scent. To me it smells slightly floral. If you are stuck between this and the egg moisture pack, definitely go for the the egg one by skinfood.

Lush
These two are my first hair products from Lush. I decided to buy them because of the wonderful reviews I've read and heard about them. In Korea, Lush is pretty expensive depending on which product you buy. The shampoo Big is about 28000 won which is about 28 dollars. Compared to how much it is in the US (22.95) its not that bad. However, the largest size of American Cream is about 40000 which is equivalent to about 40 dollars. Now that compared to the US (28.95) is a huge difference. I have no idea why, but i really wish i knew. Anyways, back to what I think about the two products. I think they are both GREAT. Big lathers amazingly well, while American Cream gives me soft hair. The smell lingers in my hair until I have to go shower again (2 days) and my hair just looks and feels stronger. I don't know which of the two product is giving my hair this shine, but I think it is the combination of both. The idea of sea salt in my shampoo was kind of weird, but trust me, the salt dissolves leaving just the shampoo as soon as it touches your wet hair. The smell of this product is something I can deal with, but I think its one of those love it or hate it type of smell. It sort of smells like laundry detergent, a slight lemony scent. I do prefer the scent of American cream than Big, but Big seems to overcome American cream. One thing that really surprised me was how my hair felt really tangled and rubber like as soon as I washed out Big from my hair. Apparently they reason for this is because there is no silicon in this product. Thankfully, my hair became really soft and shiny when it was dry, so that really wasn't a problem. Despite the high price of the product, I'm totally going to repurchase this and I really recommend you to try these two products out!

-Carrie

1 comment:

  1. hello

    follow my beauty blog please

    http://vintagesakura.blogspot.com

    love
    sakura

    ReplyDelete